Powered by Blogger.

Tattoo tour

So here is the promised post on my tattoos, i have 10 in total and i got my first when i was 18 and my last two this year


This is possibly the tattoo that gets the most attention from people, it's on my forearm, it's white ink and says 'coulda, woulda, shoulda' i think this is a mantra to live life by. Regarding this tattoo, it was much more painful than i thought it would be and the white ink took a long time to help.


This is the tattoo i got for my 21st birthday, it's on  the inside of my ankle. It's the date of my 21st birthday in Roman numerals, i was going to originally get my date of birth but in Roman Numerals it would have been really long and taken up my whole ankle, making an ankelt and that's not what i wanted, the star details my tattooist free styled on wanted to make it look a bit better. I found the ankle to be pretty much a manageable place and didn't really hurt.


This is my most expensive tattoo, it was a gift from an Ex Boyfriend and i got it done in one of the really expensive studios in Reading. I got this done so long ago i can't really remember why i wanted it, i think i just liked stars and had seen other people with this. The foot was awful to get tattooed and i have had to have it re-done about 3 times as the ink fades on the foot due to movement etc, it is still one of my favourites, i would love to get another foot tattoo but i am not sure i can take the pain.


This is on the inside of my other ankle and is the letter 'B' which stands for many things in my life (Becky, Brown, Boo etc) this is probably one of my more boring tattoos.


This is my last tattoo, and as you can see, it is a more evolved idea than any of my others, since watching the film in the pursuit of happiness and the character quoting United States Declaration of Independence, i had loved this quite and knew i wanted it tattooed on me. It took me a while to work out how i wanted it, i suffer from depression and anxiety and felt this quite fitted with that quite nicely, from some research i also found that the life buoy is a symbol of depression, the idea of keeping you afloat and i added the anchor as the idea of keeping me anchored and safe in the storm. My tattooist did a great job is taking these three ideas and putting them together. It ended up being about twice as large as i planned and takes up my whole calf, and i have to say, it was one of the most painful tattoos i've had. I had this tattoo done just after this next one...


This is my proper geek tattoo, it's a moogle from final fantasy, a game on the PlayStation which i love and this is one of the only constants in all the game, aside from being geeky it also looks cute. My tattooist did an amazing job of this piece and it is amazing. It is on my shoulder and while i sat for nearly 2 hours having this, it wasn't that bad, for the first hour i almost dozed in the chair. 


This is my first tattoo, i went in with my mum who was looking to get something i saw this is and liked it, basically she bullied me into the chair to get it, something she now might regret. My mum is Irish so this is a nod to my heritage, my mother now has the same tattoo herself; copycat


This was my second tattoo, i wanted an angel but i didn't want a typical angel, i saw a picture similar to this and sent it to my tattooist who then came up with this for me, its on the top of my back. Pain wise it was pretty good, just towards the end all my muscles started to tense up making it more painful, and healing was a bit shit as the scab made my back so tight. 


This is my least favourite tattoo and i am thinking of getting it covered, it was done on a whim and now i think its a bit tacky and cheap, its in the middle of my back, which is its only saving grace as i don't have to see it.



This is one of my favourite tattoos, it's like my little secret that only i know about (and now the whole internet haha) but this was one done just for me. I have a slight obsession with stars if you haven't worked it out. This was also the most pleasant tattoo to have done and was almost pleasurable, however, i had my tattooist and all his all male staff staring at me while i sat topless, gripping my boobs trying to save my modesty, sadly it hasn't healed well due to my underwired bra, so a piece of advise, wear a sports bra while it heals.


And that's the tour of my tattoos, i have a few more planned its just about finding time and money to get them done. 

Do you have any tattoos? How do you feel about tattoos?